The La Laguna University offers a Master in Conference Interpreting that focuses on consecutive and simultaneous interpreting.
Main reasons to study with us
Benefit from practising conference interpreting in state-of-the-art facilities and access to The La Laguna University software.
Upon successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Make consecutive interpreting assignments in your chosen language combination.
- Perform simultaneous interpretation tasks in your chosen language combination.
- Show that you can apply professional and ethical standards to your work as a translator/interpreter.
- Evidence of the ability to carry out research and documentation activities to support your practice as a translator/interpreter.
- Monitor your own performance and undertake ongoing professional development as appropriate.
The La Laguna University houses a conference interpretation laboratory consisting of six double booths and 12 workstations around the table.
Enrollment and assessment are aligned with professional standards and practices and are based on research conducted by academic staff members.
The return of the Literature and Languages Division to the last Research Excellence Framework in 2014 saw more than 80% of our research as world-leading or internationally excellent.
A minimum of a second-class honours degree (2: 1 preferred) or equivalent. Applicants who do not have these formal qualifications but have significant relevant work/life experience are encouraged.
Why study the Master in Conference Interpreting at the European University of Valencia?
- In the Master, in Conference Interpretation, you not only learn to interpret, but you graduate knowing about rates, budgets, invoices: everything to set up your own company. We design a business plan and your brand image with you.
- We do RETOUR in all classes, that is, you interpret from English to Spanish and vice versa. He asks how many masters it is interpreted in both directions. Well, it is essential both to work in international organizations and in the Spanish private market.
- This program is 100% practical, inside and outside the classroom.
- The teachers are active interpreters, and the booths are equipped with the best digital material on the market.
- The schedule is compatible with a job or other studies.
Who is the Master in Conference Interpreting aimed at?
- This qualification is ideal for graduate students and final year students of Translation, Tourism, International Relations, Philology, as well as professionals with a good command of at least two languages. In short, people who are passionate about languages and curious to learn about new cultures; want to travel and meet people from all over the world.
You will be able to work from two foreign languages to English or between English and a foreign language both ways. The languages offered are Chinese, French, German and Spanish. Others will be subject to sufficient demand.